Friday, May 8, 2009

Blog #1

This is really a 2-part blog entry.

"1. Describe the computer-related technologies that you have available in your living environment and/or work environment. How have you used technologies in your previous educational experiences? How have teachers/instructors used technology to help in teaching you? What do you hope to learn in this class? Finally, provide your definition of "educational technology." Keep in mind, this isn't a right/wrong type question -- just do your best."

Back in December, my laptop died (que descanse en paz). I'd never realized how heavily my life depended on computers until I didn't have one, and it drove me insane! I recently purchased a new one, though (Oh Vaio, how much I love you...), and have been experimenting with Vistas for awhile.

At work we use a touchscreen system to send food and drink orders to the kitchen and bar (I waitress at Buffalo Wild Wings). It makes for speedy delivery and an easy way to keep inventory, but when the system crashes or the power goes out, we go into crisis mode; the whole restaurant stops.


2. Also, in the future I will have you respond to another blog that exists out in the blogosphere. Please take a minute to find any ED TECH related blog and post a link to it from your blog. I want to see that you can find another ed tech-related blog and I also want to see that you can create a link to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment